Friday, August 27, 2010

Introduction

I wanted a place where I could go when I needed a minute of quiet amidst the noise.  I converse with God all throughout the day, and I wanted somewhere to jot down some of the insights that are born out of these conversations with Him.  I needed a place where I can go to reflect upon these "revelations" and be nourished by them.  Thus, the birthing of this book. 

God captures my attention all day long.  I see Him in everything, everywhere, and in everyone.  I see other things too...like the bad stuff that goes on in the world.  I see the bad people who are out there; evil-minded bandits, who are only out to hurt others.

But I choose to see Jesus in everything, everywhere, in as many people as I can, as often as possible.  Life works for me this way.  In fact, in order to focus more on the good in life, seven years ago, I canceled my cable, and gave away my television.  I couldn't find anything on it that was worth listening to anymore.  I found that when I did this, I started participating in life more, instead of watching it pass by on a TV screen.  My life improved when I made that choice.  I wish I would have done it sooner.

The biggest desire I have in life is to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ.  To me, that means I know Him well enough so that I see with His eyes, touch with His hands, speak with His words, and love with His heart.  I have a long way to go.

This book is where I share the lessons that He teaches me, dissect the insights He gives me, and pen the experiences I encounter while on my journey to know; to really, really know, the Son of the Most High God, my Lord, my Savior, my All in All, Jesus Christ!

Deuteronomy 6:5  And you shall love the Lord your God with all your mind and heart, and with your entire being, and with all your might.

No comments:

Post a Comment