Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

When I think about the word, "celebrate" or "celebration" I can't help but think of what it looks like when your home town football team wins a super bowl.  That has happened in my town five times now, so I'm familiar with the look, and sound of this particular "celebration."  

I am always amazed at how much noise people can make in regards to sports, and yet, I watch people actually fall asleep when the Preacher is telling them that all they have to do to possess Eternal Life with a loving Father in heaven, is to ask for it.  I think that's some good news worth shouting about!  I look around on Sunday morning to see blank faces, and glazed over eyes.  I ask silently, "Weren't you the same person who lost your voice last week from cheering on that sports team you're so crazy about?" 

I just don't get it!  The King of Kings is in the house, and I see you yawning as He walks among us! 

I'm not in the best mood tonight.  I had to sit in bumper to bumper traffic on the way home from work due to another stupid sports event letting out.  I wonder why I've never been stuck in a traffic jam due to a great church service letting out.  Where is everyone then?  I guess they're all over at the football stadium! 

Psalm 47:1  "O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph."

No comments:

Post a Comment