Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Perfect Day

Driving to meet my sister, who happens to be my business partner, I noticed that one of my tires needed air.  I pulled into a gas station to find that they had an air hose available free of charge.  "Peculiar," I thought.  "I haven't seen free air for years now." 

The forty-five minute drive took only thirty, because the traffic lights seemed to all be timed in my favor.  "That never happened before," I noted.

A rare calm fell over our meeting with the Director of the center where we proposed our fund-raiser.  She liked every aspect of what we had to offer.  Twenty minutes later, and my sister and I soaked in a feeling of peace while walking back to our cars.  The meeting was a complete success.

Heading up the road, we stopped at a quaint, and cozy coffee shop.  Sipping our delicious coffee, and tea, we satisfied our sweet tooth with a hearty muffin.  Afterward, we strolled outside, where the weather was a perfect sunny, delightfully breezy, 72 degrees.  Underneath our feet, pine needles and old leaves, cushioned our walk along a natural path that led to an empty gazebo, which was nestled next to a pond.  It seemed to have been waiting for our arrival.

We spoke of things both frivolous, and concerting, as the sound of gentle winds rustled through the leaves on the trees that nestled us in so serenely.

About an hour later, a gentleman approached, politely asking us if it would be alright if he took a chair that was located nearby.  We couldn't help but notice the large Bible he was carrying, and commented that we were pleased with his choice of reading.  This led to a thirty minute conversation about a favorite topic for all of us, which happens to be, the goodness of God.  He shared his story of his journey that led him into a relationship with Jesus. It was interesting, to say the least.  He left us with his email address, and just like that, we had a new friend, and a new brother in Christ!  Funny how that happened...

A stone's throw away, a newly established Interior Decorating Shop called our name.  Intoxicating Victorian scents greeted us at the door.  Enchanting music exhaled through the built in speakers, as we fondled each unique treasure that caught our eye.

By now, our taste buds were carrying us to another nearby shop, of which my favorite dish was being served.  Taking our plates back outside, we ate at a beautiful stone table underneath the shade of the trees.  The food was so good, I ordered a dish to take home to my son.

Five hours flew by.  It was time to part ways.  We didn't want the day to end, but family members were waiting for our return. 

It was now right in the time frame of the traffic hour, so I prepared myself for a ride that would take well over an hour.  I was gladly proven wrong.  I made it home within thirty minutes once again.  "That never happens!" I exclaimed.  Then, it hit me!  At last, I realized that indeed the hand of God had been upon every aspect of our day!  "So this is what it's like to experience God's favor!" I gathered.  "Wow!  Thank you, Lord!" I said aloud.  "I love you, too!"

Psalm 90:17  May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment